Encouragement from Bro Rod Aguillard
As I write this letter, I am burdened for more than a few NRP pastors and other local churches outside our network.
As a former pastor, I am very familiar with all the setbacks and heartbreaks of the ministry. I know what it is to have some of my best church members suddenly leave and knock the wind out of me. There were times when we experienced serious financial fallout and struggled to survive. (I went off salary twice.)
But God! In my pain, He did His deepest work in Mary’s and my personal life. “The poor man crieth out and the Lord hears him and delivers him from all of his troubles!” Psalm 34:6 KJV
Here are five things that got me through the hard times:
1. In my setbacks and grief, I waited upon the Lord and allowed the Holy Spirit to heal my broken heart.
2. I communed with the Holy Spirit in the Scripture for a word in season.
3. I called on my spiritual fathers to unload my burden and to ask for advice and prayer support.
4. I made a decision to forgive those who left me or offended me.
5. Finally, I made a decision not to look back, but to move forward.
I love you & yours,
Bro Rod Aguillard
NRP Senior Overseers